Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics

A place for Mr.C's students to come and discuss topics in physics.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

The upside of Allergies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Loteyk

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-02-16

PostSubject: The upside of Allergies   Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:52 am

Wow is what i said when i read this article! Who knew that if i sneeze more and more, im less likely to contract a brain tumour! Even though this is not for sure, i think this is an unreal step in medical science! Even though brain tumours are rare, it would be amazing to know that every time i sneeze because of my spring time allergies, i am kind of saving myself! Laughing

Wheeu for med science... cheers

Too bad i dont have that many allergies Sad but ill be counting my sneezes when spring time comes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josh King Konu

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The upside of Allergies   Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:29 pm

Thats crazy! dang it sucks cuz i dont have allergies but i guess ill have to buy some pepper every now and then haha where did they do the tests for this? and how reliable is it? thats actually pretty amazing if its proven to be true i think its safe to say that this is why we say bless you after someone sneezes cause its like you are getting a blessing by being given a chance less of getting a brain tumor. afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loteyk

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-02-16

PostSubject: Re: The upside of Allergies   Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:02 am

The studies are not conclusive but its a strong idea they have. True that, "bless you" is truly the right saying for a thing like this! Yeah, me and you will have to hit up a grocery store and run up and down the aisles until we find something that makes us sneeze. rendeer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
markmandrusiak

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-02-05

PostSubject: Re: The upside of Allergies   Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:36 am

I suppose theres worse things then pepper that you put in your nose Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simrit Birdi

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2011-02-13

PostSubject: Re: The upside of Allergies   Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:35 pm

How is that possible though? Like how did they find this stuff out? How is sneezing help your brain? ..... It actually sounds like sooooo ridiculous. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josh King Konu

PostSubject: Re: The upside of Allergies   Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:17 am

i know what u mean simrit but its not an outrageous statement just seems to be highly unlikely i sure hope they can turn this into a fact though that would just make my day well my life considering it would help me throuout it haha sneezing who would of thought? Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simrit Birdi

PostSubject: Re: The upside of Allergies   Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:25 am

I agree with mark. I would keep pepper on me. lol. Every chance i get i will help the chance of not getting a brain tumor.

Where are brain tumors usually in the brain? maybe it's close to a specific part of the brain that controls the effects of s sneezing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josh King Konu

PostSubject: Re: The upside of Allergies   Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:17 am

brain tumors occur in the cerebrum whitch is in the frontal lobe it occurs more often among white people than among people of other races, and also in age more older people and sex males are more common then females. but after reserching this i really dont think sneezing can prevent that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simrit Birdi

PostSubject: Re: The upside of Allergies   Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:24 am

EXACTLY!!! I just don;t understand how that could be possible. It's like saying every time I breath im saving myself from losing a Limb lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josh King Konu

PostSubject: Re: The upside of Allergies   Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:29 am

hahahaha yeah i understand what your saying but it doesnt hurt to hope! haha i wounder who said this and how this origionated! maybe have an interview with the person haha! afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simrit Birdi

PostSubject: Re: The upside of Allergies   Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:36 am

Hey I ain't no Lois Lane but i would have some interesting questions for him. Like " how did you come up with such a ridiculous statement! " and " Whats your scientific theory behind it? "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kristen Cote

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-02-26

PostSubject: Re: The upside of Allergies   Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:39 am

The study began in 2006 with 1,031 participants, ages 18 to 80, including 419 patients diagnosed with glioma (the most common type of brain tumor) and 612 healthy people. The participants reported their medical histories, including allergies.
Researchers found that patients with gliomas were less likely to report a medically diagnosed allergy compared with the people without gliomas. Of the 75 patients who had brain tumors, just 20 patients reported having any allergies (27 percent) while of the 612 healthy patients, 282 reported having any type of allergies (46 percent).
The risk of glioma decreased as the number of reported allergies increased, the researchers said.

Quite interesting when you back it up with some numbers like that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AnthonyMattia

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Re: The upside of Allergies   Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:52 pm

When I first read this article it didn't seem like this was a very realistic possibility, but after seeing those numbers Kristen, it definitely seems possible. Its hard to believe that something as simple as sneezing can have any positive benefit to your health. I guess during the summer when I complain about having such bad allergies I should be happy instead .. haha Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josh King Konu

PostSubject: Re: The upside of Allergies   Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:36 pm

WOW thats sum serious data there miss cote and yeah anthony i agree wow it sucks cuz i dont get allergies Sad pepper all the way!!! haha and i know thats a large amount of data but couldnt it be a coincidence maybe theres something about the allergies not specifically the sneezing i dunno what but something?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The upside of Allergies   

Back to top Go down

The upside of Allergies
Page 1 of 1