Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics

A place for Mr.C's students to come and discuss topics in physics.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Print Your Own Robot

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cassidy Mozak

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-02-03

Print Your Own Robot Empty
PostSubject: Print Your Own Robot   Print Your Own Robot Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:23 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17614392

The article presents an idea that, to me, seems outrageous at this point in time. However scientists believe that what they are proposing will be possible by the end of the next decade. The idea brought up in the article is that people will be able to design their own robots using computer programs and then will be able to print them, just like printing a document. This technology would immensely impact all kinds of individuals. Technological devices would be able to be made quite quickly (within 24 hours) and would be available whenever they are needed. This would be beneficial in hospitals where supplies often involve some type of robotics and must be available when they are needed in order to provide patients with the best care possible. As well, schools could use this technology to make educational devices that may introduce more hands on learning in the classroom and really make students take an interest in what they are studying. The possibilities would truly be endless if this type of technology is brought to reality in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Belinda Ongaro

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Print Your Own Robot   Print Your Own Robot Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 3:09 pm

This is a bit far-fetched, but fascinating all the same. As Cassidy stated, the possibilities will be endless, but it is unlikely that ALL of its potential uses will have a positive impact. When a technology is as accessible as this is intended to be, the possibility of it falling into the wrong hands should be a concern. As ludicrous as it is, I can't help but imagine robot armies taking over the world like something out of sci.fi. film. Although that particular idea is a tad extreme, I still feel a bit wary about the whole concept. If this technology is to be developed, I believe that reasonable controls will need to be enforced to ensure that the positive potential is harnessed and the negative consequences avoided.
Back to top Go down
Josh Ongaro

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Robot Printer?   Print Your Own Robot Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 7:21 pm

As belinda and cassidy said, this idea seems to be almost not possible at this point in time. Although technology has improved a large amount in the past 10 years, going from regular cell phones to iphones that are touch screen and can do things that people didn’t even think of 20 years ago. With that in mind I wouldn’t be surprised if this type of technology was created in somewhere around 50 years. The only thing is I don’t feel that they would have a consistent product that didn’t have a number amount of problems. So i don’t think it will be in people’s homes and being created in 24 hours without any major problems. afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Print Your Own Robot   Print Your Own Robot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Print Your Own Robot
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics :: Discover Magazine :: April 2012-
Jump to: