Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics

A place for Mr.C's students to come and discuss topics in physics.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Josh King Konu

Josh King Konu

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2011-02-09

IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article Empty
PostSubject: IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article   IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:14 am

so i was reading over the forms on this message board and i came across the article about the doctor that was jabbing mental patients frontal lobes with icepicks by first going through the eye. this is crazy but supposedly it stops the patients from there "'''Bad " behavior, i did some more research on this and supposedly one of the presidents family members a daughter was being a rebellious teenager so guess what ? yes they had this procedure done to her only the doctor well mad scientist is what i would call him jabbed a little too far and messed her up......... Mad how bad do you have to be to get this done ??? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Simrit Birdi

Simrit Birdi

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2011-02-13

PostSubject: WOW.    IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 3:42 pm

I don't agree with what the MAD SCIENTIST tactics of discipline that they were using either. They must be really sick minded to do that sort of thing. IT reminded me of the movie The Human Centipede. In the movie a CRAZY surgeon had this idea of attatching 3 people together to make a human centipede. HE kidnapped three people and attatched them from mouth to anohter one's behind. I added a link to the trailer, it shows the gruesome thing that this mad surgeon could do. scratch Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX8fKLjC__c&safety_mode=true&persist_sa
Back to top Go down
Antonio Saccomanno

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article   IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 11:04 pm

I agree that it is very sick and twisted and that with modern technology these types of procedures should not be happening. I mean we can fix cataracts with a tiny laser so why in the world would we need an ice pick when we have CAT scans and MRI's. Simrit brought up an interesting point with the movie connection and this type of procedure made me think of Shutter Island where it was thought that they were performing labotomies and twisted experiments on psychiatric patients. Patients with mental disorders should see a psychiatrist and get to the root of their problems rather than taking such drastic and invasive steps. To me it makes little sense that you would risk a person's mental health and personality over a few rebellious acts. And especially in this day and age it would make more sense to use drugs to rather than an ice pick. But such is the human mind, we can be the most civilized creatures on Earth yet employ such barbaric methods to deal with our problems.
Back to top Go down
Loteyk

Loteyk

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-02-16

PostSubject: Unbelievable!   IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:30 am

I really disagree with what the doctor is doing here because it is just inhumane! Shocked This reminds me of the show "House MD" where he makes unethical decisions based on an idea and sometimes he may be wrong, like the doctor mentioned as Josh said.

The frontal lobe is front part of the brain; involved in planning, organizing, problem solving, selective attention, personality and a variety of "higher cognitive functions" including behavior and emotions. The doctor goes through the eye and i can imagine that would be painful. And Josh is right, how "bad" does one have to be to get this done? And an ice pick? That just sounds scary Evil or Very Mad

Is this even legal in todays society? Does he have permission to do this? Its sucha barbaric method! affraid
The answer would be clear to me: NOOOOOOOOOO! afro

Back to top Go down
Josh King Konu

Josh King Konu

PostSubject: Re: IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article   IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:25 pm

exactly! kesar but haha i wouldnt relate this to House MD though his morals arent that messed up and also he actually tries to safe the peoples lives not change something that is normal for a human being.
Back to top Go down
Loteyk

Loteyk

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-02-16

PostSubject: Re: IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article   IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:59 pm

I was just talking about the comparison of improper methods. I agree with you totally though about how house saves lives though.
i am still shocked about his icepick method though. Ouch bounce
Back to top Go down
markmandrusiak

markmandrusiak

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-02-05

PostSubject: whoa   IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:31 am

man that s*** is nuts!! i thought they stopped doing lobotomies in the 60s. But think about it this way, it may seem inhumane, but what if someone who was insane, attacked and killed an innocent person? Is the life of an innocent citizen less valuable then the mind of someone who is clearly a lost cause?
Back to top Go down
Simrit Birdi

Simrit Birdi

PostSubject: Re: IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article   IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:44 pm

Mark brings up a really strong contrast between whats wrong and right. But not all insane peopel are out to kill LOL. That why we have places liek asylums to house these poeple to try and make their lives as happy as they can be without them doing harm to others. People who are mentally challenged are usually identified and instituted before they can hurt or kill other people. cyclops

I would rather be concerned about these crazy doctors who have been given their degrees by professional schools, but secretly are mad and do stuff like said above. I hope one day these schools would look more closely to their students and if they are at the right state of mind. affraid
Back to top Go down
markmandrusiak

markmandrusiak

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-02-05

PostSubject: simrit   IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 2:02 am

i know theres asylums and stuff, but i just wanted to play the devils advocate lol Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Josh King Konu

Josh King Konu

PostSubject: Re: IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article   IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 2:33 am

hahaha mark man all good i thought this article was one of the top 10 ive read on a level of intrest
Back to top Go down
Simrit Birdi

Simrit Birdi

PostSubject: Re: IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article   IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 2:35 am

LOL you wanna talk about top articles? I still think the Huge hole in the middle of Guatemala is my number one right now! pig
Back to top Go down
Josh King Konu

Josh King Konu

PostSubject: Re: IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article   IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 3:19 am

haha that is a pretty good one id have to put that up there as well. i read some crazy article recently ill post it probably tomm makesure u keep an eye out! bounce
Back to top Go down
Simrit Birdi

Simrit Birdi

PostSubject: Re: IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article   IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 4:22 am

Hey does the article say anything about what the doctor would do when he stuck the icepick into the eye?
Like how would he know he got the frontal lobe?
Back to top Go down
Josh King Konu

Josh King Konu

PostSubject: Re: IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article   IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 12:28 am

well it is called an lobotomy carried out under a general anaesthetic and using stereotactic methods, a small piece of brain is destroyed or removed. a guy named Moniz developed a theory that people with mental illnesses, particularly "obsessive and melancholic cases" had a disorder of the synapses which allowed unhealthy thoughts to circulate continuously in their brains he thought by basically cutting the cord those bad thoughts would not be able to circulate kind of like grounding electrons the presidents sister Rosmary Kennedy had this done as i said above this is the summary of what the doctors did
"We went through the top of the head, I think she was awake. She had a mild tranquilizer. I made a surgical incision in the brain through the skull. It was near the front. It was on both sides. We just made a small incision, no more than an inch." The instrument Dr. Watts used looked like a butter knife. He swung it up and down to cut brain tissue. "We put an instrument inside," he said. As Dr. Watts cut, Dr. Freeman put questions to Rosemary. For example, he asked her to recite the Lord's Prayer or sing "God Bless America" or count backwards. ... "We made an estimate on how far to cut based on how she responded." ... When she began to become incoherent, they stopped.
so they basically just jabbed up and down till they felt that the sugury was DONE!!!! No No No

afro
Back to top Go down
Simrit Birdi

Simrit Birdi

PostSubject: Re: IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article   IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 12:48 am

HOLY shiznit!!!! Thats just completely evil, you would have to be a very sick person to let a doctor literally stab your daughter countless times................... affraid
Back to top Go down
Josh King Konu

Josh King Konu

PostSubject: Re: IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article   IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 12:54 am

i agree man but then again she supposedly had crazy mood swings and on top of all that she was the first kenedy to die of natural causes !!! i feel so sorry for her and the others who had this done how can a human being do that??? thats soo immoral afro
Back to top Go down
Simrit Birdi

Simrit Birdi

PostSubject: Re: IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article   IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 1:00 am

It takes discipline to a whole new level!!!!!!

Like who in their right mind would wanna delibrately let someone hurt their own flesh and blood.... even if they had problems... get her help don't use violence
Back to top Go down
Josh King Konu

Josh King Konu

PostSubject: Re: IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article   IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 1:06 am

thats exactly what i was thinking like i think we should have like a humane course or something haha because thats just inhuman!! too much to exen see in person much less talk to someone who did it
Back to top Go down
Simrit Birdi

Simrit Birdi

PostSubject: Re: IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article   IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 1:17 am

Exen? nice

I wonder if this "DOCTOR" was arrested or charged or SOMETHING!
he should be getting life in jail!
Back to top Go down
Josh King Konu

Josh King Konu

PostSubject: Re: IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article   IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 1:20 am

even* lol my bad
and no man there were more done by a number of different people some were even expirements i wouldnt even doubt that there are people still doing it to this day! afro
Back to top Go down
Simrit Birdi

Simrit Birdi

PostSubject: Re: IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article   IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 1:32 am

Check your spelling! JEEZ

And i really think those people are sick and should be institutionalized !
Back to top Go down
Josh King Konu

Josh King Konu

PostSubject: Re: IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article   IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 8:34 pm

haha yeah yeah yeah and well theres nothing really wrong with the surgens they want to know more about the brain i just think there are better ways to go about doing it like different tests that are not harmful to the human body and have a minimal amount of pain thats the best way to go!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article   IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IcePick Doctor COOCOOO article
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics :: Discover Magazine :: February 2011-
Jump to: