Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics

A place for Mr.C's students to come and discuss topics in physics.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

#38: Sinkhole Eats Guatemala City

Go down 
+6
markmandrusiak
Josh King Konu
Ashley Bacchus
Jennifer Bouyazbek
Amy Chu
Simrit Birdi
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AnthonyMattia

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-02-21

#38: Sinkhole Eats Guatemala City  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #38: Sinkhole Eats Guatemala City    #38: Sinkhole Eats Guatemala City  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 6:14 pm

When I saw that picture at first I didn't think it was real! That is insane! I have never heard of something like this happening before, so reading about this sinkholes is completely new to me. What I think is so strange is how the sinkhole is almost a perfect circle. If you picture chunks of the ground just falling out beneath you, you normally wouldn't picture it happening is such a clean cut shape. Weird....

As Taylor said, the chances of individuals actually surviving this fall are quite slim (as we have all learned during the Momentum unit, the force that these people would have experienced if their fall was stopped abruptly would be quite immense.... therefore it is unlikely that anyone is still alive.) If they did survive the fall, then they will most likely not survive for much longer due to the harsh conditions that far into the ground. I am still in awe that this thing is real! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Paolo Posteraro

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-02-21

#38: Sinkhole Eats Guatemala City  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #38: Sinkhole Eats Guatemala City    #38: Sinkhole Eats Guatemala City  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 6:31 pm

ya it is probable that you will die from a fall like this but then you could view the people during 9/11 who jumped from however many stories and still survive the fall. and it wasn't just like from the first floor it was a great distance. they of coarse had many broken bones but still its all depending on the depth of this sinkhole. but i don't understand how this sink hole was create in the first place, do you think a earthquake caused it or maybe just the ground softening. i think that we might see more of these huge sinkholes around the world happen. it might be a sign, look at global warming and the climate changes do were believe global warming caused this. everything is a mystery.
Back to top Go down

#38: Sinkhole Eats Guatemala City
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics :: Discover Magazine :: February 2011-
Jump to: