Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics

A place for Mr.C's students to come and discuss topics in physics.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Five Worst Countries for Surfing the Web ... Pg. 59

Go down 
+7
Marvin N
Josh King Konu
Ciara Toppin
Derek Pottruff
markmandrusiak
Taylor Lashyn
Simrit Birdi
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tyler brown

tyler brown

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-03-16

The Five Worst Countries for Surfing the Web ... Pg. 59 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five Worst Countries for Surfing the Web ... Pg. 59   The Five Worst Countries for Surfing the Web ... Pg. 59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:30 pm

ya thats true most parnts are either too lazy or dont care enough to try. but back to the main issue of the article i think the government should just allow everything. the internet comes with both pluses and minuses but we have to learn to deal with the negatives. they are a fact of life and we need to accept that. a government cant ban certain things because every person has a different opinion of what is good or bad. and for a gov't to block out educational things is wrong. the best way would probably be to educate the kids on how to safely use the internet so as to try to allow them to avoid the bad things.
Back to top Go down
Josh King Konu

Josh King Konu

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The Five Worst Countries for Surfing the Web ... Pg. 59   The Five Worst Countries for Surfing the Web ... Pg. 59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:30 pm

i disagree with you Tyler there are somethings on the internet that if found people will most likely lose there minds! so i say the government should ban some things but not to a great extent
Back to top Go down
AnthonyMattia

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Re: The Five Worst Countries for Surfing the Web ... Pg. 59   The Five Worst Countries for Surfing the Web ... Pg. 59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 3:47 pm

After reading stuff like this, it makes me more happy to live in Canada. The thought of turning on my computer and not being able to view the websites I want due to government restriction is unsettling! Citizens of age should have the freedom to look at what they want online, and be able to read about things that they would otherwise be unable to. The extent to which dictatorships control their people is quite startling, and makes me more appreciative of the freedom that I have here Smile
Back to top Go down
Josh King Konu

Josh King Konu

PostSubject: Re: The Five Worst Countries for Surfing the Web ... Pg. 59   The Five Worst Countries for Surfing the Web ... Pg. 59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 3:53 pm

yeah anthony i agree it really is startling but the freedom we have here is bein takin too lightly
like people ore taking advantage in more bad ways then good
however it is nice to have the ability to do what you want when it comes to the internet
Back to top Go down
AnthonyMattia

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Re: The Five Worst Countries for Surfing the Web ... Pg. 59   The Five Worst Countries for Surfing the Web ... Pg. 59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 3:59 pm

Yeah Josh I know what you mean. When you think of the ways that some youth (and even sometimes adults) use the internet today it can be quite frightening. I can't even count how many times I have heard of a video coming up online of kids getting in serious fights and other things of that nature. I think it is vital for the government to monitor these types of things, and shut down sites/content that go against the basic morals of society. However, I still believe we should have freedom tolook up whatever we like.
Back to top Go down
Josh King Konu

Josh King Konu

PostSubject: Re: The Five Worst Countries for Surfing the Web ... Pg. 59   The Five Worst Countries for Surfing the Web ... Pg. 59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 4:01 pm

i AGREE!!! and this is why id say its onk for governments to interfere but only to a certain extent! king
Back to top Go down
tyler brown

tyler brown

PostSubject: Re: The Five Worst Countries for Surfing the Web ... Pg. 59   The Five Worst Countries for Surfing the Web ... Pg. 59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:40 pm

ya but where do you draw the line. everyone has a different view so who is the gov't to say what is right or wrong
Back to top Go down
Marvin N

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-02-17

PostSubject: Re: The Five Worst Countries for Surfing the Web ... Pg. 59   The Five Worst Countries for Surfing the Web ... Pg. 59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:13 pm

Branching off what Josh is saying, I think the government has the authority atleast to discuss and know what's better for the country to a certain extent where it does not become ultra-nationalistic about the whole idea. Gouvernments not knowing where to draw the line between doing what is right for the country and protecting it, and doing too much at the expense of the liberties and rights of it's citizens. geek
Back to top Go down
tyler brown

tyler brown

PostSubject: Re: The Five Worst Countries for Surfing the Web ... Pg. 59   The Five Worst Countries for Surfing the Web ... Pg. 59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 5:26 pm

i guess in a country like ours votes could be held to determine what people find acceptable and what is not. what ever the majority is is what we go with. use the democracy we were given to our advantage and use it to help us figure out our problems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Five Worst Countries for Surfing the Web ... Pg. 59   The Five Worst Countries for Surfing the Web ... Pg. 59 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Five Worst Countries for Surfing the Web ... Pg. 59
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics :: Discover Magazine :: March 2011-
Jump to: