Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics

A place for Mr.C's students to come and discuss topics in physics.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lost Civilizations found in the jungle pg 19

Go down 
+2
Jennifer Bouyazbek
Loteyk
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Loteyk

Loteyk

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Lost Civilizations found in the jungle pg 19  Empty
PostSubject: Lost Civilizations found in the jungle pg 19    Lost Civilizations found in the jungle pg 19  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:40 pm

What a Face

Who would have thought that the Amazon, because of its climate and dangerous terrain, held a large somewhat civilized society back in the day?!?!?

Its amazing how diffferent archealogists find out different things about what happened at a certain spots many years ago! it makes me wonder what other certain unpopulated areas in todays time was someething really important back in the day!

How much would that pottery cost that they found? haha

And its also amazingh how they can calculate how old that artifacts are? Yeah with a tree trunk you can count the rings but how do you know with something like pottery? AMAZING

What else will they find?
Back to top Go down
Jennifer Bouyazbek

Registration date : 2011-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Lost Civilizations found in the jungle pg 19    Lost Civilizations found in the jungle pg 19  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:56 pm

Kesar thats soo coool ! Imagine just walking in the jungle you know on an everyday hike around and you find some clues or evidence of some past civilization ?! First of I would be more than excited and shocked at the same time at the realization that there where people living on this land million years ago that may have some common things with us ! its strange to think about it, but its incredible ! Second, i would make sure to keep whatever i find, do some research, or maybe some finger print analysis hahaha ! And i would probably sell them on ebay if i have proof about their actually existence in lost civilizations ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Loteyk

Loteyk

PostSubject: Re: Lost Civilizations found in the jungle pg 19    Lost Civilizations found in the jungle pg 19  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 5:01 pm

HAHAHA jen nice! Very Happy
How much would it be worth though on ebay? Ppl lie on ebay all the time dont they? haha

I'd say give it to a famous museum maybe? or sell it to someone famous Laughing as an art for their house!

Who knows what other things we can find in the ground all over the place? Artifacts can be like anywhere... it makes me wanna dig and start looking for junk i can sell Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jennifer Bouyazbek

Registration date : 2011-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Lost Civilizations found in the jungle pg 19    Lost Civilizations found in the jungle pg 19  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 5:21 pm

HAHAHAHAHA you never know but thats a good idea !! we'll get on it and go on some adventures to maybe the amazon and look in the jungle for some weird looking old pieces and do some analysis then sell them online we would make a fortune !
Back to top Go down
Josh King Konu

Josh King Konu

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Lost Civilizations found in the jungle pg 19    Lost Civilizations found in the jungle pg 19  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 7:38 pm

this is interesting haha i never would of even thought about that but it makes sense the environment of the amazon it even holds back certain species from overpopulating which is goood in the environmental perspective, im wondering as well how you can calculate how old something is maybe its the materials used im sure the materials used for clothes back then are a bit different from what we use now.
Back to top Go down
Ciara Toppin

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Lost Civilizations found in the jungle pg 19    Lost Civilizations found in the jungle pg 19  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 4:24 pm

I think that this is amazing that the found civilization in the Amazon, a place not typically thought of as being to sustain human live easily. I would be very interested in learning more about what other places held life before and how different the land is now. Who knows, maybe some interesting facts and ideas could come from the land before and we may be able to see different types of civilization that lived everywhere. I find these types of discoveries interesting because we learn that earth was not always the way we perceive it to be.
Back to top Go down
Josh King Konu

Josh King Konu

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Lost Civilizations found in the jungle pg 19    Lost Civilizations found in the jungle pg 19  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 4:28 pm

yeah ciara i agree! (happy birthday btw) lmaoo
and yeah like there are so many more discoveries just waiting to be found i think theres something out there that will benifit the world well i dont think but i really hope so
what do you think the greatest discovery so far was?? anyone? king
Back to top Go down
Paolo Posteraro

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Lost Civilizations found in the jungle pg 19    Lost Civilizations found in the jungle pg 19  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:01 pm

hahah this is awesome i just read Amazon have uncovered a vanished civilization that could rival the Aztecs. Researchers found mysterious geometric trenches and other earthworks carved into the landscape as early as a decade ago, but satellites have paved the way for the discovery of over 200 giant structures.Researchers also found stone tools, bits of ceramics, and other artifacts buried in mounds along the trenches. So far, the uncovered areas date to between 200 and 1283 A.D., but the team thinks they've seen "no more than a tenth" of the true extent of this archeological wonder.Many scientists saw the jungle as too harsh to sustain anything but small nomadic tribes. Now it seems the conquistadors who spoke of something called "cities that glistened in white" were somewhat telling the truth.
Back to top Go down
Loteyk

Loteyk

PostSubject: Re: Lost Civilizations found in the jungle pg 19    Lost Civilizations found in the jungle pg 19  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:53 pm

Paolo just finds the interesting facts all the time ay?

i wonder whats under us right now...
yeah ciara i totally agree that the world is much more different than we originally thought
Back to top Go down
Ashley Bacchus

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Lost Civilizations found in the jungle pg 19    Lost Civilizations found in the jungle pg 19  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 10:39 pm

Huh archeology is so interesting; I mean the artifacts that we dig up from thousands of years ago are really just amazing. And all the things we find help us to understand what early civilizations were like and how they functioned. I think it’s pretty cool that perhaps there were large civilizations in the Amazon many many years ago. And that they weren’t as primitive as we initially thought. The types of earthworks they created could have been similar to the things like the Pyramids in Egypt, obviously not as big or tall but, I wonder how they made structures like that with the resources they had at the time. And if they were advanced I’m curious as to how their civilization you know like died out. I suppose you have to imagine how different the Amazon would have to be though for relatively large civilizations to successfully live there. The thought of the Amazon being “gentle grasslands” sounds ridiculous but really it would have to be for them to actually stay there. I guess like Ciara said it just goes to show how different the earth was thousands of years ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost Civilizations found in the jungle pg 19    Lost Civilizations found in the jungle pg 19  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost Civilizations found in the jungle pg 19
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics :: Discover Magazine :: March 2011-
Jump to: