Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics

A place for Mr.C's students to come and discuss topics in physics.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80)

Go down 
+4
Rad.w
Jennifer Bouyazbek
AnthonyMattia
Ciara Toppin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ciara Toppin

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-02-22

20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80) Empty
PostSubject: 20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80)   20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 5:14 pm

Before I read this article I did not find spiders interesting or useful. I always thought of spiders as scary and gross. After reading this article I learnt many interesting things about spiders, twenty to be exact. Some of the facts were how spiders can benefit us while others are how spiders are harmful. An interesting fact was how different spiders mate and other interesting fact was that ' the venom of the Australian funnel-web spider can kill a person in less than an hour, and its fangs can bite right through a shoe ' This fact is very interesting and I will definitely stay away from Australian funnel-web spiders.
Back to top Go down
AnthonyMattia

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Re: 20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80)   20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 5:18 pm

Ciara Toppin wrote:
I learnt many interesting things about spiders, twenty to be exact.
REALLY? would have never guessed..... Razz

ciara, i am glad you FINALLY posted this. Wink

Spiders are definitely interesting creatures, and after reading the facts in this article i definitely will be staying away from Australia for a very long time and avoiding all other types of spiders the best i can Smile
Back to top Go down
Jennifer Bouyazbek

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-02-08

PostSubject: Re: 20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80)   20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 6:39 pm

This is really weird for me to read because I am terrified of spiders but after reading this article, I agree with you Ciara I learnt many things as well that I may have never known unless reading this article. And I will also stay away from australian funnel web spiders... Those evil looking spiders !
Back to top Go down
Rad.w

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-09-08

PostSubject: Re: 20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80)   20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:31 pm

Although I don't like spiders theres no denying the fact that they are one of the most amazing creatures ever. The thing i find most amazing about them is the webs they are able to weave. They are naural architects and it's one of the things that never ceases to amaze me. As well they are one of the most confusing species on earth due to the many subspecies found around the world. It's easy to dismiss creatures who are smaller than us, especially ones like spiders who scare alot of people, but they're so important in many ecosystems. Many times food webs can be greatly impacted without spiders. They truly are amazing creatures!
Back to top Go down
Paolo Posteraro

PostSubject: Re: 20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80)   20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:48 pm

when i read this i laughed because i seen a discovery channel on the most amazing insects and spiders came first. in fact spiders are incredible because thier so many different kind. more weird and even more scary, camel spiders can grow over two feet in length. they have a potent venom that numbs your flesh and dissolves it.There are about 34,000 species of spiders. and it was reported that of the 35,000 species of spiders, only 27 species are known to have caused human fatalities. they also stated that, fear of spiders is called Arachnophobia. It is one of the most common fears among humans.
Back to top Go down
AnthonyMattia

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: 20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80)   20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:06 pm

pale pale thats the austrailian funnel spider! LOOK AT THOSE FANGS. holy.... definitely gotta start wearing steel toe boots.... hahahaha

20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80) Tumblr_l2mykyocmS1qbkvb1o1_500
Back to top Go down
Paolo Posteraro

PostSubject: Re: 20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80)   20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:08 pm

hahaha i gotta say spiders are so ulgy and yes you dont wanna be getting bit by that thing, and steel toe can only save your feet we need like a full armour suit to protect us from that thing
Back to top Go down
Loteyk

Loteyk

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-02-16

PostSubject: Re: 20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80)   20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:00 pm

Mr. clintberg's spider scares me....

Back to top Go down
Ashley Bacchus

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-02-06

PostSubject: Re: 20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80)   20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 10:36 pm

Ugh spiders, I’ve always been scared of spiders, even the little harmless ones, they’re just so gross and creepy lol. But I guess that they can be pretty fascinating. It’s an interesting article and like Jennifer I wouldn’t have known about a lot of the things mentioned if I didn’t read it.

I think people have lots of misconceptions about spiders though. Like that tarantulas are dangerous and deadly to humans. I think Hollywood is to blame for that one, but apparently their venom isn’t very toxic to humans and they can’t kill you. In fact, there are few spiders that have venom capable of causing illness in humans. There are so many other myths about spiders but even if they aren’t true I won’t be interacting with any kind of spider anytime soon lol.
Back to top Go down
Amy Chu

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-02-17

PostSubject: 20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80)   20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:58 pm

I agree! I hate spiders, they look so scary and disgusting, yet they are such amazing creatures that can kill or benefit you. I had no idea that spiders were beneficial to human beings until I saw this article. I always thought all spiders were harmful, and were all poisonous!

Spiders are all feared by most of us because of their menacing, six eyed dirty looks. Yes, some are deadly, and some are friendly, but all spiders help contribute to our community. For example, they may eliminate other creepy crawlers, whether they are deadly or not. Also, leave the spider alone if you hate it! , they're harmless unless you harm them. Did you know there are people in some countries that actually eat spiders?! I find that so disgusting! Spiders are everywhere! It's good though, since they are able to live in different environments, I don't think there will ever be no more spiders on earth, since there are so many of them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80)   20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

20 things you didn't know about spiders (pg 80)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics :: Discover Magazine :: March 2011-
Jump to: