Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics

A place for Mr.C's students to come and discuss topics in physics.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interesting Fact i heard on the news....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Loteyk

Loteyk

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Interesting Fact i heard on the news.... Empty
PostSubject: Interesting Fact i heard on the news....   Interesting Fact i heard on the news.... Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 1:28 pm

China has the most people in its country
They also lead the world in how much they smoke
They also drink the most tea in the world (like green tea)

China has the LEAST deaths to cancer!

Any connection there?
i never liked green tea much but if it saves my life, then why not right?

This is NOT is one of the magazines but it would be interesting to talk about
Back to top Go down
Amy Chu

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-02-17

PostSubject: Interesting Fact i heard on the news....   Interesting Fact i heard on the news.... Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 6:44 pm

China is a very populated place and a poor area, so they don't eat as much fast food as us Canadians do, so maybe that could also be a reason of why china has the least death. If green tea will actually benefit you, then people should start to consider drinking it! maybe once per week or something, but who knows if its the green tea that's saving people. I'm sure there must be something else that people in China do that's rather special, but I don't know. I heard lung cancer was the a top cancer that caused death worldwide, so smoking should be the main death to cancer in china. Also, China doesn't have a very clean environment, so they are constantly breathing in a dirty place, so I'm not sure why they have the least death to cancer.

and yeah this is a good article to talk about, makes you wonder how to live a longer life.

Back to top Go down
Josh King Konu

Josh King Konu

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Fact i heard on the news....   Interesting Fact i heard on the news.... Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 4:22 am

There are three main varieties of tea -- green, black, and oolong. The difference between the teas is in their processing. Green tea is made from unfermented leaves and reportedly contains the highest concentration of powerful antioxidants called polyphenols. Antioxidants are substances that scavenge free radicals -- damaging compounds in the body that alter cells, tamper with DNA (genetic material), and even cause cell death. Free radicals occur naturally in the body, but environmental toxins (including ultraviolet rays from the sun, radiation, cigarette smoke, and air pollution) also give rise to these damaging particles. Many scientists believe that free radicals contribute to the aging process as well as the development of a number of health problems, including cancer and heart disease. Antioxidants such as polyphenols in green tea can neutralize free radicals and may reduce or even help prevent some of the damage they cause.

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/green-tea-000255.htm
Back to top Go down
Paolo Posteraro

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Fact i heard on the news....   Interesting Fact i heard on the news.... Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 4:34 pm

talking about me grinding it out kesar

bet u didnt know that

16 of the worlds’s 20 cities with the worst air are in China. about a fifth of urban Chinese breath heavily polluted air. Many places smell like high-sulfur coal and leaded gasoline. Only a third of the 340 Chinese cities that are monitored meet China’s own pollution standards.
Only 1 percent of the China’s 560 million city dwellers breath air considered safe

get this
air pollution and smog in Beijing and Shanghai are sometimes so bad that the airports are shut down because of poor visibility. The air quality of Beijing is 16 times worse than New York City. Sometimes you can't even see building a few blocks away and blue sky is a rare sight. In Shanghai sometimes you can't see the street from the 5th floor window. Fresh air tours to the countryside are very popular.
Back to top Go down
Josh King Konu

Josh King Konu

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Fact i heard on the news....   Interesting Fact i heard on the news.... Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 5:41 pm

THOSE ARE SOME INTRESTING FACTS

YOU ALSO HAVE TO REALISE
Quote :
Chronic diseases, non-communicable diseases now account for an estimated 80% of total deaths and 70% of disability-adjusted life years (DALYs) lost in China. Cardiovascular diseases, chronic respiratory disease and cancer are the leading causes of both death and the burden of disease, and exposure to risk factors is high: more than 300 million men smoke cigarettes and 160 million adults are hypertensive, most of whom are not being treated. An obesity epidemic is imminent, with more than 20% of children aged 7–17 years in big cities now overweight or obese. Rates of death from chronic disease in middle-aged people are higher in China than in some high-income countries.[

CHINA IS GOING DOWN HILL WHEN IT COMES TO HEALTH SO I GUESS ITS SAFE TO SAY THAT THE TEA CAN ONLY HELP FOR SO LONG...

king
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Fact i heard on the news....   Interesting Fact i heard on the news.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting Fact i heard on the news....
Page 1 of 1