Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics

A place for Mr.C's students to come and discuss topics in physics.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First Raspberry Pi computers to be delivered

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Belinda Ongaro

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2012-02-02

First Raspberry Pi computers to be delivered Empty
PostSubject: First Raspberry Pi computers to be delivered   First Raspberry Pi computers to be delivered Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:11 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17703852
This device by Dr Ebon Upton is simply incredible (and creatively named)! After several bouts of trial and error, a credit card-sized, easy to use, and reasonably priced, computer has been successfully produced. The intention behind this product is to encourage young people to try their hand at computer programing without the frustration and confusion involved with experimenting on an excessively complex computer system. I recommend that you watch the video clip, as it will discuss the main components of the computer as well as the programs it runs, but essentially it is a tiny circuit board with several outlets for various cords that, once attached to a monitor, runs Linux and comes pre-loaded with a common educational software package. This device is available for only £16 (about $25 CA). The first batch, to mark the commencement of the mass production of the Raspberry Pi after much delay, was presented to a group of school children last Friday. A Programming Masterclass was also held to teach the children more about the ins and outs of Raspberry Pi. I think this product has immense potential and will be of great value to teachers and students alike. The low price also makes it highly accessible, in addition to it simplicity. We can only hope that with this increased accessibility, advancements in computer technology will continue in a positive direction rather than be hindered by the creation of more viruses.
Back to top Go down
Suzanne Sawatski

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2012-02-10

PostSubject: Re: First Raspberry Pi computers to be delivered   First Raspberry Pi computers to be delivered Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 1:10 pm

This is very interesting, however with the technology advances lately - even looking at how far phones and tablets have come and all you can do with them - the invention of this new technology, the Raspberry Pi, doesnt come as much of a surprise to me. The Raspberry Pi seems like a great educational tool for youth/individuals interested in learning computer program and is even rather inexpensive so these individuals can pursue their interests. As well if is cheap enough that some school can afford to by whole sets to use in courses that deal with computer programming/how to use various computer programs. With advancements like this aimed at helping educate individuals on computer programming, it makes me wonder what other technologys can be made like this but to help individuals learn other interests. As technology continues to advance it is amazing to see what is created.
Back to top Go down
Cassidy Mozak

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-02-03

PostSubject: Re: First Raspberry Pi computers to be delivered   First Raspberry Pi computers to be delivered Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 10:21 pm

I think these cheap and easy to use computers could not only be great for the younger generation, like school children, but also for the older generation. Seniors are wanting to be a part of the technological age we live in. In fact, in order to live in this world, they, to some degree, have to have technological abilities. I find however, that they often have difficulties using a mac computer, but are fascinated when others operate them. This simplistic Raspberry Pi computer device would be extremely beneficial as we try to ease them into the world of technology that has not been available to them for most of their lives. I think this Raspberry Pi is great since it really can help so many people become acquainted with scientific technology.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Raspberry Pi computers to be delivered   First Raspberry Pi computers to be delivered Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Raspberry Pi computers to be delivered
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics :: Discover Magazine :: April 2012-
Jump to: