Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mr. Clintberg's Studyphysics

A place for Mr.C's students to come and discuss topics in physics.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Discovering Alien Life !!

Go down 
+7
Amy Chu
Alicia Szczepanski
Johanna Meier
Simrit Birdi
Josh King Konu
Loteyk
Jennifer Bouyazbek
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Jennifer Bouyazbek

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Discovering Alien Life !! Empty
PostSubject: Discovering Alien Life !!   Discovering Alien Life !! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:12 pm

Before any of the scientist or researchers begin to look into specific detials about alien life, they always keep in mind "How would the evidence of extraterrestrial life be broken to the public? How would the President react? The pope? How would you react?". Having that is mind, scientist began researching years ago until recently some evidence led the scientist to analyze it, test it and finally, verfiy the evidence.
But to honestly think about this, I doubt the general public will bother that much about extraterrestrial microbes, no matter how well proven. Most of them would shrug it off like just another headline and go about their day-to-day lives unaffected. Not enough people are scientifically minded enough to care. The religions would be unaffected – they’d either deny it if they found it threatening. The economy would be unchanged – people would keep consuming as usual. The governments may have some cursory interest about whether the things are potentially dangerous or potentially useful in some way.

But not many people would actually consider the immense weight of us terragens being the only life in the Universe being lifted as an event that will change things forever, the knowledge that we are not alone even if our cosmic compatriots are microbes. Most of humanity, I’m pretty sure, just wouldn’t care.
Back to top Go down
Loteyk

Loteyk

Registration date : 2011-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Discovering Alien Life !!   Discovering Alien Life !! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:18 pm

what page is this on? Question

I'd freak if there were actually alien life. I have the thought in my head that aliens will one day take over just like in all the cartoons. If bush was president still, he'd probably try to go to war with the ET beings. but since obama's the man now, i dont know the approach he would take.
Im not catholic so i dont know what the pope will think of this.
But i know if it was back in the days of Galileo, the roman catholic church would be still disagreeing with the thought of aliens even if there was clear evidence...God creeeated everything so it must be perfect Laughing

Back to top Go down
Jennifer Bouyazbek

PostSubject: Re: Discovering Alien Life !!   Discovering Alien Life !! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 5:14 pm

this is on their online website !

I agree on your standpoint since you are not jumping to any conclusions or being biased about anything ! But if this were to happen and be publicaly said I would be interested to go in a faculty that can offer research of that kind ! It would be very interesting and never boring, always discovering new things and new places.
Back to top Go down
Josh King Konu

Josh King Konu

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Discovering Alien Life !!   Discovering Alien Life !! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 7:42 pm

i wouldn't be too surprised if aliens existed for the reasoning behind it being that if we are here living in a stable environment in the solar system how many other places are there like ours since space is basically a never ending environment like whats to stop us from thinking there's more out there then we know to exist? i just don't think aliens would surprise me. afro
Back to top Go down
Simrit Birdi

Simrit Birdi

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2011-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Discovering Alien Life !!   Discovering Alien Life !! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:53 pm

I don't understand why humankind always pictured aliens as harmful green little people who abduct people... like honestly doesn't that sound sooo ridiculous! Like all the films picture the aliens as harmful and violent who wanna take over the planet...

BUT how do they know!

If aliens ever came here, who says they won't be friendly, won't help us solve our problems, who says they won't be nice !

If we can be kind, why can't aliens be kind as well.

WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME VAST SPACE! lol
Back to top Go down
Johanna Meier

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Discovering Alien Life !!   Discovering Alien Life !! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:24 pm

I agree with Jen. I do believe if more headlines came out about people "discovering extraterestrial life" people would think what a nut job or just laugh it off. I do believe other's would believe it though and their beliefs on the universe could change to the thought of well, maybe there is more out there then we see.
And also with regards to the media making aliens out to be little green monster things, whats to say that if they do exsist, to them we look creepy? Or that WE are the "aliens"
Back to top Go down
Alicia Szczepanski

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Discovering Alien Life !!   Discovering Alien Life !! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:25 pm

I think that people should be interested in the possibility of aliens. What was said in some of the other posts that people may feel like the discovery of other life beyond earth uninteresting and feel unaffected is somewhat scary. What if aliens that came to earth were smarter and more advanced technology wise? We would be unprepared for it. Or what if the aliens had many technologies to share with us? The lack of concern would cause us to miss out on a great opportunity to learn from them. I truly believe that there is life beyond earth. Maybe not in our galaxy but think about how vast the universe is. It is almost impossible to think about. There are so many other galaxies that could potentially have other life. It's weird to think that there could be a planet in another galaxy just like earth and it could have life, just like humans. if it was brought to the attention of the world that extraterrestrial life existed I think that people would be frightened. Just think about the tsunami in japan. People in Canada are freaking out about the nuclear plants exploding and causing radiation to come all the way here and affect us. I'm not saying that it's scary and maybe we should be concerned about it but i think people are being a little bit too worried. Just think if the presidents around the world tell their countries aliens were found and they provided proof, everyone would definitely respond.
Back to top Go down
Amy Chu

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Discovering Alien Life !!   Discovering Alien Life !! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 12:29 am

I agree that the idea of "Alien life" would most likely result in religions denying the fact that it exists, as they may find it threatening. So let's say, if actual aliens were to visit earth, most likely those who are against the alien life will not approve of their visit, so aliens may be banned to visit earth. Also, it's true that even with evidence of extraterrestrial microbes existing, people could care less, I mean it isn't going to anything to them. But if you think about it, the extraterrestrial microbes may lead to discoveries that might change human society in profound ways.

In my opinion, I think aliens are not real, there is no precise evidence, the word "alien" just came from our imaginations. Although, if they do exist, I believe the president would try communicating with them and not provoking them, and the pope would just be simply shocked, and would start questioning his beliefs.
Back to top Go down
Josh King Konu

Josh King Konu

PostSubject: Re: Discovering Alien Life !!   Discovering Alien Life !! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:08 pm

the whole idea of there being aliens is bizarre but like if you really think about it space is a vast place and if you think of were we are in the universe why wouldn't there be something else out there?
Back to top Go down
Johanna Meier

PostSubject: Re: Discovering Alien Life !!   Discovering Alien Life !! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:22 pm

Exactly! I believe their are aliens too but with how vast our universe is, I don't believe in the possibilty of them ever traveling to earth. We have enough difficulties making it anywhere but the moon, so having these "aliens" travel between galaxies? That is bizarre.
Back to top Go down
Josh King Konu

Josh King Konu

PostSubject: Re: Discovering Alien Life !!   Discovering Alien Life !! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:46 pm

Thanks for agreeing Very Happy
haha yeah i know what you mean but the thing is who can ever know?
maybe theirs aliens on the planet right now
area 51!! hopefully they will expose that afro
Back to top Go down
Jennifer Bouyazbek

PostSubject: Re: Discovering Alien Life !!   Discovering Alien Life !! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 1:44 pm

Everyone has their own opion about these kind of things but we need the physical evidence of some kind of body or something like that to actually make everyone believe that the chance of having another beings in this universe do exist... But until then people should focus on our problems before we go and mess with someone else's life like the "aliens" . Is there any other way of putting the word "aliens" into use without sounding biased ? What do you think guys ? hmm :/
Back to top Go down
Josh King Konu

Josh King Konu

PostSubject: Re: Discovering Alien Life !!   Discovering Alien Life !! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 2:08 pm

yeah jennifer i agree but like you will always have those people that will never change there mind even if there is proof!
and hahahahahhaha i dont think there is a way lol king
Back to top Go down
AnthonyMattia

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Discovering Alien Life !!   Discovering Alien Life !! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 3:12 pm

Thinking of the possibility of aliens kind of freaks me out! haha. In my opinion, i most definitely believe that there are alien life forms somewhere out there - the odds of earth being the ONLY life sustaining planet when there are millions of other planets out there in the universe is just highly unlikely. If accurate news of alien life forms was brought to society's attention, i think it would definitely cause a big stir - many people would be instilled with fear. I went to see Battle Los Angeles this weekend and it DEFINITELY didn't paint the picture of aliens coming to Earth very nicely... Shocked If intelligent alien life did come to earth, I think the results are very likely to be disastrous (if anyone else has seen the movie i'm sure they'll agree.) I know its just a movie, but the way the events occurred seems like they could very well happen.

This is why if alien life is in fact discovered, that I pray it is reallllllllyyy far far far far far away so that they wont be able to come here haha
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Josh King Konu

Josh King Konu

PostSubject: Re: Discovering Alien Life !!   Discovering Alien Life !! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 4:19 pm

haha anthony the battle los angelas movie is a movie i know but it can be a possibility in the fact of the aliens attaking us

i just want to know how Far away we are from everything else and like if there is something out there near by that will not harm us but will benifit us in some way
king
Back to top Go down
Ciara Toppin

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Discovering Alien Life !!   Discovering Alien Life !! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 5:01 pm

To me the thought of life somewhere else in the universe is fascinating; I would love to discover a whole species of living, surviving, reproducing bodies on another planet. As for life itself on earth I believe that if there was strong enough evidence to prove that life outside of earth really did exist then I believe lots of people would believe the facts and also become fascinated by what could come of this.
Back to top Go down
Jennifer Bouyazbek

PostSubject: Re: Discovering Alien Life !!   Discovering Alien Life !! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 6:19 pm

BUT GUYS THAT WHAT I MEAN BY BIASED !!! We all judge on what aliens might be or what they might do to us humans based on a fiction movie ! What if "aliens" actually came to help us ? What if they have some beyond human technology or the knowledge to get rid of all our worlds problems ?!
Back to top Go down
Rad.w

Registration date : 2009-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Discovering Alien Life !!   Discovering Alien Life !! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:52 pm

The universe is huge, and I think it's so hard for some people to look beyond what they can see or understand. When someone tells me that life exists, I think of humans but life on other planets doesn't have to mean a human. It can mean bacteria, growing and surviving in the harsh environment found on other planets. Alien life doens't have to be what we see on TV. Not everything that isn't us wants to attack us.
Back to top Go down
Ashley Bacchus

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Discovering Alien Life !!   Discovering Alien Life !! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 12:13 am

Interesting topic, but personally I don’t think that aliens exist. Despite the universe being unfathomably huge I still can’t see something like aliens being real. IF they did exist though I think I’d have a hard time accepting it, partly because I’m Catholic. But I do agree that at first people probably wouldn’t care too much if they heard something like that because they would dismiss it as fake. Even if it was eventually proven I still don’t think people would be all that concerned, especially if the aliens were millions of light-years away from us or something.

I guess I could maybe possibly see bacteria being found on another planet but not actual super advanced, intelligent beings. If aliens like that were to come to earth, I definitely wouldn’t be comfortable with that idea. They could potentially be friendly and help us and all that but they could also be a threat and if they were, I’m pretty sure that we wouldn’t be able to stop them because they would have to be waaayy more advanced than we are to travel such large distances to get to us. But really, I don’t know how it would all play out, no one does..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discovering Alien Life !!   Discovering Alien Life !! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discovering Alien Life !!
Page 1 of 1